|Areas of Expertise
- Acoustic Scattering
- Tissue Elasticity
- Breast Imaging
- Cervical Assessment
- Ultrasound Phantom Devleopment
- Ultrasonic wave propagation phenomena theory and measurements
- Soft tissue biomechanics
- Systems and methods for measuring microscopic and macroscopic mechanical properties of media
- Medical ultrasound
- Wave propagation in inhomogeneous media
- Characterization of media based on interactions with ultrasonic waves
- Nonlinear hyperelasticity
- Measurement of the fundamental mechanical properties of soft tissues
- Test tools and teaching tools for ultrasonic imaging systems
- Signal and image processing
- Image registration
- Ultrasonic strain imaging
- Breast phantoms
||Timothy Hall's Department of Medical Physics Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,157,894 - Automated ultrasonic elasticity image formation with quality measure, issued October 2015.
- 9,078,592 - Ultrasonic strain imaging device with selectable cost-function, issued July 2015.
- 9,060,709 - Method and apparatus for quantifying organization in collagenous tissue, issued June 2015.
- 8,920,323 - Coupled axial and lateral displacement estimation for elasticity imaging, issued December 2014.
- 8,727,986 - Method and apparatus for assessing risk of preterm delivery, issued May 2014.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20160089112 - Ultrasonic imaging system with angularly compounded acoustic radiation force excitation, published March 2016.
- 20140276047 - Method and apparatus for quantifying organization in collagenous tissue, published September 2014.
- 20140198961 - Automated ultrasonic elasticity image formation with quality measure, published July 2014.
- 20120095333 - Coupled axial and lateral displacement estimation for elasticity imaging, published April 2012.
- 20110149060 - Elasticity imaging device with improved characterization of seed displacement calculations, published June 2011.
- A New Paradigm for the Role of Smooth Muscle Cells in the Human Cervix. Vink JY, Qin S, Brock CO, Zork NM, Feltovich HM, Chen X, Urie P, Myers KM,Hall TJ, Wapner R, Kitajewski JK, Shawber CJ, Gallos G. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016 May 7. pii: S0002-9378(16)30190-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2016.04.053. [Epub ahead of print]
- A Tactile Sensor for Ultrasound Imaging Systems. Peng Y, Shkel YM, Hall TJ. IEEE Sens J. 2016 Feb 15;16(4):1044-1053. Epub 2015 Oct 26.
- A coupled subsample displacement estimation method for ultrasound-based strain elastography. Jiang J, Hall TJ. Phys Med Biol. 2015 Nov 7;60(21):8347-64. doi: 10.1088/0031-9155/60/21/8347. Epub 2015 Oct 12.
- Acoustic Properties of Breast Fat. Nasief HG, Rosado-Mendez IM, Zagzebski JA, Hall TJ. J Ultrasound Med. 2015 Nov;34(11):2007-16. doi: 10.7863/ultra.14.07039. Epub 2015 Oct 7.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Radiology
- Lawrence Taylor, University of Rochester
- Larry Whitesell and Jennifer Buck, Department of Cardiovascular Research
||Medical Physics / Biomedical Engineering
|Address Line 1
||1153 Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research
|Address Line 2
||1111 Highland Avenue
||B.A., University of Michigan-Flint, Physics, 1983
||M.S., UW–Madison, Medical Physics, 1985
||Ph.D., UW–Madison, Medical Physics, 1988
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Elastography Method for Parallel Processing of Tissue Displacement Estimates
Rapid, Precise Ultrasonic Elasticity Imaging
Non-Invasive Ultrasound of Cervical Tissue Predicts Preterm Delivery Risk & Labor Induction Success
Optimizing Ultrasonic Elasticity Imaging with Selectable Inputs
Automated Evaluation of Ultrasonic Elasticity Images
Intelligent, Real-Time Tracking Method to Enhance Ultrasound-Based Strain and Elasticity Imaging
Cervical Probe Predicts Preterm Delivery Risk