The Wisconsin Discovery Portal (WDP) is a database of profiles of researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The WDP, which contains over 3,000 carefully maintained research profiles, is an outgrowth of the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery project’s goal of facilitating collaborative research. Each profile has been gathered by WDP staff by searching existing public websites and contains information such as:
- Contact information, title, and appointments
- Research tools and facilities
- Publications, patents, and funding
- A detailed description of research interests
The WDP database offers a user-friendly search-by-keyword platform where results are returned by relevance.
The WDP can be used to:
- Locate researchers with expertise in a particular field
- Discover additional information about a researcher of interest
- Identify existing collaborations between researchers and industry
- Find collaborators for research projects
- Uncover the basic science and research being done on the UW-Madison campus