- "A sensitive enzymeless hydrogen-peroxide sensor based on epitaxially-grown Fe(3)O(4) thin film"
Yang J, Xiang H, Shuai L, et al., Analytical Chimica Acta 708(1-2): 44-51 Dec 2011. A novel and facile approach has been developed to synthesize thin films of magnetite (Fe(3)O(4)) with epitaxial needle-like columnar grains on titanium nitride (TiN) buffered substrate using DC magnetron reactive sputtering.
- "Viscosity and Color Change During In Situ Solidification of Grape Pekmez"
Kaya A, Ko SH, Gunasekaran S, Food and Bioprocess Technology 4(2): 241-246 Feb 2011. We investigated the material behavior and the effect of processing factors during its solidification using in situ rheometry and color measurement by computer vision.
- "Swelling and dissolution in cleaning of whey protein gels"
Saikhwan P, Mercade-Prieto R, Chew YMJ et al., Food and Bioproducts Processing 88 (C4): 375-383 Dec 2010. Fluid dynamic gauging was used to study swelling and dissolution, under alkaline conditions, of heat-induced gels prepared from solutions of beta-lactoglobulin (beta Lg), a whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate.
- "An amperometric non-enzymatic glucose sensor by electrodepositing copper nanocubes onto vertically well-aligned multi-walled carbon nanotube arrays"
Yang JA, Zhang WD, Gunasekaran S, Biosensors and Bioelectronics 26 (1): 279-284 Sep 2010. A non-enzymatic glucose (Glc) sensor was developed by potentiostatically electrodepositing metallic Cu nanocubes from a precursor solution onto vertically well-aligned multi-walled carbon nanotube arrays (MWCNTs).
- "Authentication of sweetness of mango juice using Fourier transform infrared-attenuated total reflection spectroscopy"
Jha SN, Gunasekaran S, Journal of Food Engineering 101 (3): 337-342 Dec 2010. Fourier transform infrared spectrometer equipped with attenuated total reflection and chemometrics were used to determine added sugar content (ASC), total soluble solids (TSS) and real juice content (RJC) in fresh and commercial mango juice.